Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Brief History: Part 2

After a hiatus of about 9 months or so, I got a WoW itch which just needed to be scratched again.  That's the one thing about this game which I can't say about any other.  I always keep coming back for more.  I came back to find that the guild I created had fallen on some rough times, but was still chugging along.  All the old faces which I knew before were gone, replaced with people whom I had never met.  I took this opportunity to make some new friends though, some which I still keep in touch with to this day.

The Burning Crusade came along and myself and others began to realize that we wanted more out of this upcoming expansion.  The new friends I made in my old guild and I began to tire of how casual the guild and the leadership had become.  We decided to break off and form a new guild, dedicated to see all the end game content and to play at a high level.  And so I left the very guild that I had created and together we formed a new guild appropriately named...Unbound.

These were the golden years of my WoW career.  We suffered some growing pains at first, but morphed into a highly successful raiding guild.  Eventually making it to well into Sunwell before it was nerfed.  We prospered throughout the expansion but at the end I grew weary once again decided I had to take a break a few months before Wrath of the Lich King came out.

Fast forward to WotLK.  Unbound didn't make it to the expansion.  Shortly after I took my second hiatus things fell apart.  I came back to a mere shell of a guild.  I played for a few weeks in the start of the expansion and then realized I had nothing to do.  Naxxramas was incredibly easy...a joke of an instance.  I thrive on challenging content, and there was none for me.  So I took a break again until Ulduar was released.  Around this time I decided to try to latch on to another hardcore raiding guild.  This was short lived however, I just couldn't keep up with a 5 day raiding schedule along with a full time job and other real life commitments.

It was at this point I decided it was time for a drastic change in my WoW career.  I am a huge fan of the instance so I decided to fork over the money and change from alliance to horde and transfer CuttingEdge over to the Mega-guild which is Alea Iacta Est (a community composed of fans of the instance).  It was difficult to sever ties from my old server and the few friends I had left on there, but I felt that I needed a slightly more casual place for me to play since my schedule was so hectic.

That brings me roughly to where I am now.  Still with AIE and trying to get back into the cutting edge of raiding.  Certainly not 5 days a week, but I want to be able to raid at a very high level.

No comments:

Post a Comment